This blog post is not sponsored by any of the brands mentioned. It is a list of my personal favorites.
I’m obsessed with perfumes. I love fresh and feminine scents, and I wear perfume every single day – even if I’m just working from home. I didn’t realize there were so many in my Instagram community who are equally obsessed with perfumes until my post from a little while ago! After realizing this, I had to do a blog post and share my all-time favorite perfumes. I love trying new scents all the time, but to me, these are the best perfumes. I always come back to and fall in love with them!
1. Narciso Rodriguez. I smelled this perfume for the first time on one of my friends while in undergrad. I immediately fell in love with it. I had to know what it was. She always smelled SO good. That was ten years ago. This is STILL one of my favorite perfumes of all-time. It smells feminine, fresh and flirty. It’s a soft and subtle scent that doesn’t overpower your presence. It supplements your presence, as an accessory should. If you have never smelled this one, you are missing out big-time! I would describe the scent as musky and floral. This one is available on here for around $66.
Top notes: sensual musk, orange & amber.
2. Chloe by Chloe. I struggle to pick my favorite between this one and Narciso. I go back and forth between the two. They’re both equally good perfumes! I discovered this one at Sephora seven years ago and it’s been part of my collection ever since. This one is light and fresh yet seductive. I would describe the scent as floral and rosy. This one is available on here for around $65.
Top notes: Peony, freesia, & litchi.
3. Love Story by Chloe. Inspired by Parisian romance and the love padlocks on on the bridge of the Ponts des Arts, this scent is truly romantic! As a relatively new discovery for me – probably three years ago – it became an instant favorite. After using up my Sephora sample within days, I ended up buying the biggest bottle they had and ran through it so quickly. Since then, it’s been a staple for me. Another floral composition, the scent is so clean and fresh. This one is available here for around $48.
Top notes: Neroli, orange blossom, jasmine.
4. Nomade by Chloe. Another floral composition by Chloe (I clearly have an addiction to their perfumes), this is the newest addition to my collection. I smelled it in a duty-free shop while traveling, and since I have always loved the other perfumes by Chloe, I decided to buy it. Although on the list of my all-time favorites, it is probably my least favorite of the three Chloe scents (speaks volumes about how great the other two are as this one is also incredible). I would describe the scent as woody and citrusy. It’s a pretty bold scent compared to the other Chloe perfumes. Available here for around $78.
Top note: mirabelle, bergamot, lemon & orange.
5. YSL Black Opium. I think this one is loved by all. I have had so many people DM me or drop a comment about how this one is their favorite – and for good reason! It smells divine. I have a few drops left in my bottle and am just waiting to use it for a special occasion. To me, this one is incredibly sweet though, and it wouldn’t make the best everyday scent. I would describe the smell as sweet and vanilla-y. Available here for around $92.
Top notes: pink pepper, orange blossom & pear.
6. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. This is probably the only scent that is not incredibly flowery. This is a bold scent. I used to wear this one to work and my male co-workers would always ask me what it was because they loved it and wanted to buy it for their significant others. I would describe the smell as citrusy and woody. Available here for $59 for a 3.3oz bottle.
Top notes: apple, cedar, bellflower, & Sicilian Lemon.
7. Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I discovered this one in a Sephora sampler box (side note – those are an amazing way to try out different perfumes and you get a full-sized bottle of your favorite scent from the box!). I loved the fresh scent and wearability of this one. I would describe the scent as soft, powdery and floral. Available here for around $62 for a 3.4oz bottle.
Top notes: violet leaf, blood grapefruit, strawberry.
8. Burberry Body. I’ve only bought this one once but I LOVED it. I got a great deal at an a Burberry Outlet Store in Atlanta, GA. It was a great everyday scent for when I worked in an office. It isn’t too strong to wear all the time, and it isn’t a distracting scent. It won’t overpower your presence. I would describe the scent as musky and powdery. It isn’t extremely floral like some of the other perfumes that I love. Available here for $88 for a 2.8oz bottle.
Top notes: fresh green absinthe, peach and freesia.
9. Gucci Envy Me. I think this was discontinued for a really long time. I used to be addicted to this perfume, and then for years was unable to find it anywhere. I know they’ve brought it back because I’ve seen it in so many duty-free shops while traveling. I need to get my hands on this again because it truly smells divine! This one is on the sweet side so if that isn’t your thing, this one might not be for you. I would describe the scent as fruity and fresh with a very rosy smell. Available here for around $60 for a 3.3oz bottle.
Top notes: pink peony & pink pepper, cassia, peach, mango.
10. Burberry Weekend. An oldie but a really good one! This was my favorite perfume for a really long time (until I discovered Narciso Rodriguez). It’s the perfect everyday scent. It’s not too overpowering, and it lasts on me for the whole day. I would describe the scent as floral and powdery. Available here for $95 for a 3.4oz bottle.
Top notes: sweet and zesty mandarine and aromatic grassy notes.
It’s always best to sample out perfumes. Everyone’s body chemistry is different. No perfume smells the same on any two people. My mom and I both love Narciso Rodriguez, but it smells really different on both of us. The best way to experiment with perfumes is the sampler box at Sephora (really popular and readily available in the stores around the holidays) or just by asking for a sample at Sephora. Wear it for a week. Does the scent last on you? Does it smell the way it did in the bottle? Once you find YOUR scent, it will smell incredible on you and become an accessory that you can’t live without!